Installed McAfee Internet Security 2011 on 02/27/11. Last week took advantage of an offer from Microsoft Security Essentials for a fee scan which showed 6 files infected.

Contacted McAfee via email and basically was told no software is 100% effective and they were sorry my files were infected. However if I paid them they would remove the viruses. McAfee took no liability their product failure and offered no assistance unless I paid for their services. Thought I did that when I purchased their product.

Thanks for nothing McAfee! Certainly won't be using any of your products in the future.

Comments

I gotta wonder if any other scanners would have found those same viruses in the same files. Many companies are now marketing their "Anti-Virus" software using scare tactics.

I accidentally hit one of those a while back and it told me that I had a number of viruses on my system but I used to WORK anti-virus support and recognized some of the names as ancient now. I went to another scanner and had another scan run and found NOTHING.