7.2K views

I also have received a charge to my credit card for McAfee866-622-**** TX that is unauthorized. I would like to know where do they get their information?

I can't figure it out unless Dell gives them my credit card information when I purchased my computer. I could not get anywhere with customer service until I gave them my credit card number, which frankly, scared me. I don't trust anyone with my card number anymore.

Apparently if you own a Dell, the McAfee virus protection will be an automatic renewal. Be prepared to get billed even if you aren't using McAfee anymore.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mcafee Antivirus.

Location: Cape Girardeau, Missouri

Comments

This happened to me. I do not have macafee installed on my computer.

The last time I used it was 10+years ago and in that time had changed e-mail addresses. Also my credit card would have been renewed twice so any original CC info should not have got through as expiry dates would be wrong. I rarely buy using direct credit card method preferring PayPal. So how did this transaction get through.

Perhaps they have used virus methods.

Anyway it is fraud. :(

just got hit today for $108. i don't use any of their products so this is a bit alarming.

Ok so I went ape *** when I saw a charge for 98$ on my credit card. I called & they told me I will have a full refund. & that it will show up in 7-10 business days.

They did the same thing to my debit card! Charged 49.99 at 2am, I don't even have mcAfee.

I do have a dell,but have had it for years! My bank says I'll have to cancel my card! Outrageous! Have sat on phone for "customer service" forever!

This is my 3rd try to get though to a person. No luck!

They did the same to me as well, i dont even use mcafee but looked at my credit card statement and seen they charged $43.29 on it. I looked online and found over a thousand ppl with the exact same unauthorized charges on theirs. they need to be sued and have their business liscense taken away and then put in jail for identity theft.

McAfee just did the samre thing to me. I just finished emailing my bank for an unauthorized charge and made a complaint to the BBB against McAfee for making the unauthorized charge.

I think your right DELL gives them your information. Every new computer I buy has that worthless McAfee on it. The first thing I do is unistall it and install NORTON.

Then I contact McAfee and let them know I unstalled their worthless product and that I never want an email from them, never want McAfee renewed. Still I have an "UNAUTHORIZED" 79.99 charge to my credit card.

Then I contact McAfee and let them know I unstalled their worthless product and that I never want an email from them, never want McAfee renewed. Still I have an "UNAUTHORIXED" 79.99 charge to my credit card.

Mcafee Reviews