5.3K views

I also have received a charge to my credit card for McAfee866-622-3911 TX that is unauthorized. I would like to know where do they get their information?

I can't figure it out unless Dell gives them my credit card information when I purchased my computer. I could not get anywhere with customer service until I gave them my credit card number, which frankly, scared me. I don't trust anyone with my card number anymore.

Apparently if you own a Dell, the McAfee virus protection will be an automatic renewal. Be prepared to get billed even if you aren't using McAfee anymore.

Review about: Mcafee Antivirus.

Comments

They charge me for nothing too!!! It’s £52.39!!!

I was wrongly debited 59.99 USD (=220.77 Isr. shekel). I have never purchased McAfee and I am demanding a refund as soon as possible.

McAfee got me for $93. I've tried three times to get my refund.

They just put you on hold and tell you a bunch of crap like "your not showing in our system." I feel like I got scammed and I did. If you got McAfee better change to something else and check your credit card statements because they will ream you up the caboose.

Mcafee just charged my card too! 108 bucks lost out of no where.

Sketchy thing is, I don't even use Mcafee.

It is installed on my computer but I have never opened it, nor have I ever made an account for it. Virus protection my *** Mcafee is the virus.

6/12/18I just checked my checking account and was shocked to see that $99.99 was withdrawn by McAfee today! I never authorized this.I'm calling them in the morning, and they better put it right back.It took seconds for them to take ...

they better not tell me it will take"a week to 10days".

.. and YES...I'm a PISSED CONSUMER !

to 8O831o78 #1541408

3 weeks if that. They just told me.

May 2018 this morning I had an unauthorized debit of 99.99 from McAfee.I am filing a complaint today!

Iam currently trying to get my money back which I have asked for 3 times and I told them last year to cancel it which they have not done, iam not happy, every time I calk them they *** me off, I'm disgusted

Same here, just got off the phone with my bank. I'm out of 89.99 for a product I didn't order.

They are sending me the transaction report. Because I want to know how they got my debit card #. Next, I'm filing a complaint.

If you've brought an ASUS laptop recently that has McAfee on it, watch out for your debit and/or credit card info. It may be compromised.

Haddonfield, New Jersey, United States #1304919

McAffee is STILL at it in good ol' 2017. Had the SAME thing happen from the same McAfee866-622-3911 TX.

A little under $100. I don't have virus protection on any laptop I own currently and this card is new from the last 3 years (from previous fraud elsewhere). I haven't had McAffee since I was on DIAL UP and a young teen. This is INSANE.

How they got my info, I've no idea. I called the bank and my card has been cancelled. Have to wait for a new one while they investigate this FRAUD.

What a bunch of crooks! How are they still doing this???

to Anonymous #1417585

Had the same thing happen today but for $106 dollars. I'm ticked!

and of course everytime I call I get someone in India that I cannot understand.

Waiting for my husband to get home from work so I can ask if he made this charge. Virus protection for one computer doesn't cost $106 bucks and never should.

My husband hot billed and we never use macaffe we don't even have a computer.

Sumter, South Carolina, United States #1275225

Why have you charged me with a 89.99 and 6.00 and made a 26.78 deposit to my bank account. I suscribed to a special you had on January 10 for 49.99.

I paid it with my debit card. You should not have charged me again with the 89.99 and 6.00.

And what was the 26.78 deposit all about. by withdrawing money from my account that was not allotted for use you have made my account overdrawn.

I want my money back. Is this the way Mcafee treats their customers?

Nellie T. Hanna

Nellscorner34@yahoo.com

#1206088

Yeah they're mongrels for it stay away from them.... they are doing the same with me. Lisa

me too!! ironic that a company whose product is security cant be TRUSTED!! thankfully i have a prefunded card i used with them a year ago and since i keep no money on it unless im making an online purchase, they didnt get my money WAHOO

Hayward, California, United States #1104416

so what do i have to do to get my money back?

Mission, Texas, United States #1102527

I SUSPECT A FRAUD BECAUSE IN JAN 5th MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS DEBITED BY $ 43.29 AND TODAY JAN 28th SAME ACCOUNT WAS DEBITED FOR,$ 54.11, BOTH CHARGES WERE MADE TO CARD ENDING 3709 FOR SAME REASON RENEW MY MCAFEE PROTECTION FOR ONE YEAR., PLEASE CANCEL IMMEDIATELY MY MCAFEE ACCOUNT AND RETURN MY MONEY THE TWO AMOUNTS ABOVE MENTIONED.

PRISCILIANO G BARRAGAN

barragantax@gmail.com

I too have continued to get billed for a product/service i do not want. I have contacted them several years ago, to withdraw any further service from them and still they keep charging me.

I am frustrated with You Lot.

another $83.00 in Your pockets and out of mine.

My banking details have since changed, thinking that will be the end of them being able to charge me. No somehow they are getting my extra information.

Either my bank is giving it to them, or .......???

I am now going to my bank and banning them from charging me again...

Company AMEX card was charged... They didn't even have the correct information...

CARD INFORMATION, and yet they were still able to charge our card. I made a complaint to BBB.

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa #925766

I had an amount charged to my card in December for something that I have not requested and I have certainly not received any product. Mccafee have helped themselves to funds in myaccont, this constitutes theft.

Have cancelled my card and notified my bank, now I wait for the transaction to be investigated and the funds returned. Totally unacceptable Mccafee, this Is FRAUD.