Stay Away From McAfee/Intel Security Suites

20 of 217 Mcafee reviews

Complaint to BBB:

I have a product called McAfee LiveSafe security software.It has a "Satisfaction Guarantee" and they are not honoring it.

1. The LiveSafe soft requires repeated installs as it stops responding. 2. The SafeKey is supposed to allow you to automatically logon to sites requiring user name and a password.

For many sites it does not work. My Firefox Web browser did a better job of automatically logging onto sites but my data has been transferred to SafeKey and requires me to manually retrieve it. As of Dec 31 2015 McAfee no loner supports SafeKey and requires a free down load of "TrueKey" software. I have no knowledge of TrueKey and cannot be compelled to use it.

LiveSafe is advertised as having logging in ability but actually doesn't. 3. McAfee support email does not work. when you press "send" it always goes to an "error" page.

4. McAfee support "chat" constantly disconnects making it impossible to use. 5. Free programs are available from sites like cnet.com where you can download free security software.

Using some of this software I have found issues on my computer that McAfee LiveSafe has missed. I have a copy of the "Satisfaction Guarantee" from the McAfee sales site. I can attach it to an email. I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH THE PRODUCT.

On the page that you actually purchase product where credit card info., etc.

it says both 30-day day money back guarantee and SATISFACTION GUARANTEED very clearly.It has been over 30-days but I am DISSATISFIED.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Mcafee Livesafe
Review category
Software
review #787315 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Mcafee? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
20 of 217 Mcafee reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Mcafee. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Mcafee.
Filing a new complaint about
×