1.9K views

McAfee, A program that is supposed to protect your computer from spyware malware and viruses is the worst virus out there!! I purchased a Dell laptop a year ago preloaded with McAfee security suite.

After the initial subscription was up my computer slowed dramatically and every 2 minutes a McAfee pop-up ad would show up on my screen and tell me that my computer was not protected. I tried everything to speed up my computer and nothing worked until I removed McAfee completely from my computer.

Once I did it has perfromed beautifully. I will never use McAfee products again and will tell everyone I know that they are not to be trusted!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Mcafee Antivirus.

Location: Lawrence, Kansas

Comments

:( MCAFFE SUCKS I CAN'T PLAY MIINE CRAFT ANYMORE

F U MCAFFE : :( :( :( :(

#1971951
@PissedConsumer530603

I CANT EVEN PLAY DRAWASAURUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with what most of you said. Mcafee is annoying constantly popping up asking questions or saying things or warning things etc.

Some are needed but other sare just rediculous. I got a ransomware trojan today even though my realtime scanning was supposedly on and it did NOTHING to warn me or block the virus!

Then the pieces of *** wanted me to pay $130 to fix it!!! I will not be using Mcafee in the future.

How do I remove McAfee from my computer? It pops up every few minutes, and if I get the up date it will destroy my wifi connectivity (a bug to systems 7) I really dislike the McAfee corporation and dishonest business practices.

@PissedConsumer503475

this may be too late to help you, but hopefully it can help someone else who reads your post. it's fairly easy to uninstall, go to your control panel and select uninstall/change a program. then a list of programs should pop up, click on mcafee and choose uninstall

:( :( :( :( :( RAGE :( :( :( :( :(

Dell installed it with my laptop it drains CPU and Memory and makes watching videos or playing games impossible. Even surfing the web is a pain.

I've had viruses that were less intrusive.

My subscription's expired though and if I tell my dad about it he'll get angry because he payed for it and all. McAfee needs to listen to their customers and dell needs to stop putting McAfee on cheap computers.

Note that when you order McAfee you have to sign a user agreement - hidden in that is an autoamtic renewal which will charge your credit card a renewal fee of approximatley double the current advertised rate. You can call them to stop the automatic renewal and replace with just notification of expiration.

I started getting message 1 month before it expired tell me my computer is not protected. I no longer us McAfee and will never use it again

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

MCAFEE SUCKS it broked my laptop

mcafee totally sucks alot i agree with you guys :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

agreed!

like many others bloated ware rather

to nourish McAfee's revenue.

this software is more annoying than some viruses can be :(

just go simple:

get Comodo free, use firewall only

i.e. your out bound is under control

so if you have a virus phoning somewhere

Comodo will tell you

get Clamwin and scan weekly

avoid IExplorer

4 use no-script in FF

5 don't go to sites where it say "Free"

6 don't continue if relinked and your result is still not applicable