This is the second time that McAfee charged my CC without my permission.This time they charged to a new cc, how did they get that information?

This trial version came with the new laptop ASUS. I didn't use it, I had my own subscription from another company. I uninstalled McAfee. However, they billed $89.99; the charges were reversed in Jul 2017.

I had my CC replaced because of this. This morning, I check my account, and the charges have been submitted again for a second time to McAfee. This is fraud right? Charging my card without my permission.

This is needs to stop. So, now I have to contact my bank and find out what can be done.

I may have to also dump this laptop, because I'm not trusting McAfee's embedded files on my laptop.There appears to be some illegal activity here.

Review about: Mcafee Subscription.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

true I agree with h. Kitchener your blame is with the bank mainly for the charge and some is on you as stated in other comment the trial has stipulations and when you gave mcafee that info the trial began and there comes the charge afterward

you should of not done that in first place with mcafee should of simply removed / uninstalled it and used what you have with other company

and as you found out the charges continue because you didn't cancel the trial or if you did mcafee didn't follow up on it, and than the charges began for the service even tho you didn't use it

should contact mcafee see if they can do a refund ( seems they have a 30 or 60 day window of when paid) don't expect much from them tho, best bet is getting bank to reverse and cancel all payments

You must have given McAfee your card info at some point originally---perhaps when you got the laptop you opened up the McAfee and filled in their registration info.That started the trial period and if you read carefully, they told you if you didn't cancel after the trial period, you would be charged the yearly rate.

Even tho you didn't use McAfee, they charged you when you didn't cancel. You then told your bank what happened and got another card with another account number. McAfee then tried to charge your card and it appears your bank allowed them to charge your new card. Your beef is with your card company for allowing the charge.

Contact them and raise a ruckus as this was not supposed to happen, altho I have heard of other instances like yours. By the way, most of the anti virus software companies do the "automatic renewal" nonsense so you need to be very careful when you either use a trial version or actually buy a subscription from one. And, of course be it known that many of these companies, like Avast offer a free version which is usually quite adequate for most home users.

No need to pay for anti virus software.Contact your bank and demand answers.